Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Alright, so it isn't exactly Christmas yet, but there are just a few more days before the big man in the red suit (if you know what I mean) comes to visit, so I thought I would get my Christmas wish off now, in case I didn't come back to this blog before then. Looking at my post history, I probably won't. So Merry Christmas from the Villanedas! Fact: I don't have a Christmas card this year, or I would post one instead of just typing out "Merry Christmas." Does this make me lame? Maybe, but our budget is tight this year and I didn't really want to spend a bunch of money on cards. Next year. Next year. Maybe...

I am not a Scrooge, I promise. In fact, I am really excited for Christmas this year because I get to share it with an adorable little man who is just experiencing everything for the first time. While this may not be his first Christmas, it is the first time he is old enough to appreciate at least some of what is going on, and looking at it all through a child's eyes is simply awesome. What does he think of the holidays so far?

Well, he loves Santa - or at least, he loves pictures of Santa. He sees them and giggles. Did he love sitting on Santa's lap. Not so much. Or not at all, really. Both tries pretty much resulted in meltdowns. Poor kid. Poor Santa. Can you imagine what goes through his mind? What is wrong with these parents, forcing their screaming children to sit on my lap? Yup, I can hear it now.

Emmett does love the Christmas tree. So much so, in fact, that the entire bottom half is naked. I should take a picture to post, since you probably don't believe me. Yup. It's naked. No ornaments. No tinsel. Just lights, and they only reason they're still there is because they are permanently attached to the tree. Though he does like to pull things off of the tree, he is very cute because he gets so excited whenever I turn the lights on, and he sits and points to it, and recently has begun saying "tee tee!" [Tree tree!] He doesn't use his words often, so I love it when he does!

He also loved (and I mean LOVED) the city Christmas lights. We pulled into the parking lot and he started yelling and pointing and he had a huge smile on his face. It was adorable. We let him walk around with his monkey backpack (yes the tail is a leash, no judging please!), and he had a blast. He ran full speed with a smile on his face, giggling all the way (as opposed to jingling all the way, since I did not attach any bells to him - okay lame joke, I know). We must have walked through the light tunnel a hundred times or so. OK I'm exaggerating, but it felt like that, since he loved it and just wanted to walk back and forth and back and forth. See for yourself:




















We had so much fun, we may take him again this weekend - unless of course it continues to be in the 20s, in which case we will probably just stay inside with a steamy cup of hot chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post. I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas! It sounds like the holidays are pretty magical through the eyes of your little guy! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete